The medieval bridge was partly destroyed during the disastrous “St. Michael’s Flood” on 29th September 1732. The builder Johann Martin Schmidt from Miltenberg was commissioned with the reconstruction.
The statue of Saint John of Nepomuk was donated by the pharmacist Gregor Jost Gischeit (1688 – 1730) from Miltenberg. The donation can be dated by reading the highlighted letters of the chronogram MDCLLXVVIIIIIIIIII
